Credit Guide

Top of Form
Credit Guide
Essential Rentals

Essentially Rentals Ltd T/as Essential Rentals holds a Financial Conduct Authority Authorisation Firm Reference Number FRN: 844981.
Contact details are as follows:
Registered Office Street Address: 1st Floor, 105 Highstreet, Brentwood, Essex, England, CM14 4RR
And Trading Address is 45 Marlborough road, Washington, Tyne and Wear, NR73BW
Office Contact Number: 07926756006

  • How does Essential Rentals assess whether I can afford my Rental Contract.
    Essential Rentals is governed by The Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Financial Services Act 2012 gives the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) power to keep the market sound and stable. The FCA expects us to adhere to the Responsible Lending Obligations. Essential Rentals is required to make an assessment as to whether a Lease can afford their rental contract by making payments in a sustainable manner, without incurring financial difficulties or experiencing significant adverse consequences. To be able to make this assessment they are required to make various inquiries of your ability to afford the rental repayments for the items you require. A Lease will be deemed unsuitable if you will be unable to comply with your financial obligations under the lease or only be able to comply with financial difficulties or experiencing significant adverse consequences. This assessment is done in several ways.
    a) We must make reasonable inquiries as to your financial situation.
    b) Make reasonable inquiries as to your requirements and objectives with regard to the Lease that you wish to proceed with.
    c) We must verify your Financial Information that you have supplied to us. To do this you will be required to supply us with one or several of the following items:
    Employment Details. Recent Payslips. Bank Statements and some form of personal identification.
  • Can I get a copy of this assessment.
    Yes, you are entitled to request a copy of the assessment. If you want a copy of your assessment contact your Essential Rentals Head Office and ask for one. They will send you a copy by post within 14 days of you requesting a copy.
  • What do I do if I have a complaint regarding my Rental contract
    We aim to resolve any complaint at your first point of contact with us, so we encourage you to raise any complaint that you may have with our customer relations team on In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your issues to your satisfaction you are able to take your complaint to the approved External Dispute Resolution scheme of which we full under the jurisdiction of. Their details are as follows: Financial Ombudsman Service: Tel: 0800 023 4 567 The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR, United Kingdom Email: